Sunday, October 24, 2010

Post by Elsa

Hi All,
This is a good idea. I enjoyed reading Erin's update and seeing the pictures.

Jeff and I had a very nice wedding on Vashon thanks to help from many of you. We are currently in the process of go through all the photos and once we have scaled it down a little bit, we will post them somewhere on-line for you to all look at. Also, we do have videos from the wedding and they came out pretty good too. I'll try to find a good place to post those, for anyone who may be interested.

You may have noticed that I took Jeff's last name, but didn't totally drop Laughlin. My new name is Elsa Laughlin Hay with Laughlin being my middle name.

After the wedding, we went to Kauai for the Honeymoon. It was a nice way to relax. We also did some hiking and here is a picture of Jeff after a very muddy hike. Jeff talked with a lot of people on the trails because everyone kept asking him about his Five-Finger Shoes, the ones that look like gloves for your feet.

On Labor Day weekend, we adopted a dog from the pound. His name is Charlie. The pound thought he was a Bernese Mountain Dog and Rottweiler mix but other people think he might be a Border Collie and Pitbull mix. Here is a picture, so you can see what you think. He is about 7 years old and overall is a well behaved dog. We are currently training him to leave my cat Simon alone... it is a slow process.
Ellie, Jeff's daughter, is in the 7th grade and stays with us everyother weekend and on Tuesday evenings. She plays violin in her school orchestra, takes jazz dance classes, and plays soccer. Ellie brings her dog Lucy with her when she comes over and all of us have been going to a dog training class together. We are hoping that old dogs can learn new tricks.
Jeff is currently looking for work as a database administrator. If you happen to hear of somone needing a DBA, let us know. Luckily, my work seems pretty stable right now. I've been working at Novo Nordisk at their Seattle "Inflammation Research Center" in the South Lake Union area since Janurary and really like it. I do Immunology research on human cells looking at molecules that may have an effect on inflammation.
Well, I think that's it for me for now. I look forward to hearing from everyone.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new doggie! I think he looks like a Bernese in the face. Anyway, that's my two cents.

    ReplyDelete